Congratulations to all of our new Seminole Club and Chapter leaders! Thank you to those club and chapter leaders that were able to listen in on the Wednesday, July 20 conference call. Please find the conference call minutes posted below.
Michael McFadden—Seminole Clubs’ Captain of Financials
- Fill out the financial statement. For help, take a look at the financial statement example.
- Submit the financial statement with club president’s signature on attestation report. The attestation report can be found on last tab of the financial statement or downloaded here. Don’t forget to submit the club’s June 2016 bank statement.
- Make sure the club’s top four board members (president, vice president, treasurer and secretary) have signed the Volunteer Code of Ethics agreement. Submit the four agreements by scanning and emailing them to Dia Combas or fax to 850.644.8847. If a club leader submitted the agreement during the 2016 Leadership Conference, there is no need to submit the agreement again.
- Complete an executive summary of the past year.
- Submit the contact information and officer slate form.
- Listen in on the Wednesday, June 22 conference call for any financial/reporting document questions. Phone lines will be open at 12:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. EDT. Join us by dialing 888.670.3525 and entering the participant passcode 7985678769#.
- Complete all of the above by Friday, July 8.
For more information, visit the Resources for Club Leaders web page.
Leadership Weekend kicked off on Thursday with a welcome mixer at Fire Betty’s Arcade.
This year’s Leadership Weekend will be held from Thursday, April 21, through Saturday, April 23. The weekend will officially kick-off on Thursday evening with a welcome mixer at Fire Betty’s Arcade Bar. Friday will be a full day of conferencing at the FSU Alumni Center, followed by the 2016 FSU Clubbie Awards at Hotel Duval. The FSU Clubbie Awards ceremony is an exclusive event for Seminole Club and Chapter leaders, to honor our volunteers’ dedication and support of FSU, recognize our top Seminole Clubs and Chapters, and announce the winners of the Club of the Year awards. Saturday morning you are invited to attend the Circle of Gold ceremony. Continue reading
Last time on the Real Conference Call for Seminole Club Leaders, we addressed:
- Bowl game watching parties
- Photo sharing
- Collecting constituent data
- Mid-year financials
- Leadership turnover
Stay tuned for next week’s call on Thursday, Feb. 4, to discuss:
- Seminole Service Day
- 2016 Leadership Weekend
- Open discussion
Our inaugural Treasurer’s Training is scheduled for tomorrow, Aug. 21 from 2–5 p.m. For those of you who are not able to join us in person, Alumni Association staff has set up a couple of different options for you to still participate.
Option 2: Join the training via conference call. Call (toll-free): 1 (877) 309-2070 and enter the access code: 973-574-309. If you choose this option, we ask that you please remember to mute your phone so that background noise will not be heard during the presentation. Continue reading
As the 2015 fiscal year comes to a close, please keep in mind that all reporting documents and financials must be submitted no later than Wednesday, July 8.
All of the information can be found on our Resources for Club Leaders web page under the “requirements” tab. Additional resources can be found on our previous blog post. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Seminole Club staff member.
Don’t forget — treasurers and presidents are invited to the FSU Alumni Association for a Treasurers’ Training on Friday, Aug. 21. The day will include in-depth training sessions and a ticket to the 64th Annual Kickoff Luncheon. More information will be coming soon!
All Seminole Clubs should submit annual reporting documents online by Wednesday, July 8. When completing these forms, please make sure to be as detailed as possible. The reporting documents include:
- Executive Summary of the past fiscal year
- Contact Information and Officer Slate for the upcoming fiscal year
- Planning Calendar for the upcoming fiscal year
You can find more information about Seminole Club requirements and reporting on the Resources for Club Leaders’ web page, under the “requirements” tab.
For questions about submitting your club’s reporting documents, contact your Seminole Club staff member.
Additionally, Seminole Clubs must submit financial reports no later than Wednesday, July 8. Make sure you are using the most current Excel document (linked below and on our website). Even if the club does not have anything to report on a specific tab, please do not delete any of the tabs on the Excel spreadsheet. Continue reading