It’s that time of year again, when FSU is accepting new Seminoles to the family!
Some dates to think about when it comes to planning the club’s scholarship deadline and Seminole Send-off.
- December 16, 2013 – first round of students was accepted
- March 19, 2014 – second round of students gets accepted
- May 1, 2014 – last day to pay $200 Admission Deposit
Reference http://admissions.fsu.edu/freshman/admissions/deadlines.cfm and http://admissions.fsu.edu/nolenotes/1YourNextSteps.cfm every year for these dates.
With students having so long to pay their deposits, it might be best for the Seminole Club to pick a scholarship deadline date after May 1st.
Remember; NEVER GIVE A CHECK TO A STUDENT!
Scholarships are processed two different ways:
- Endowed scholarships
- Send student’s name, FSUID and thank you letter to Gina Bollotta.
- Gina completes appropriate paperwork and sends it over to Lydia Williams in Foundation
- Lydia Williams creates the transmittal files and sends the files to Student Financial Services
- Financial Aid authorizes the release of the funds to the student
- Student Financial Services disburses the funds to the student after drop/add week
- Non-endowed Scholarships
- Club makes check payable to Florida State University
- Club sends check to the following address:
Student Financial Services
1500 University Center A
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2394
- Include a memo with the following information:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s FSUID
- any stipulations (such as the money is to be used only for tuition, only for students who are full time, or is to be split equally between the fall and spring semesters
To help promote the Seminole Club’s scholarship, please send Gina the most up to date version of the scholarship guidelines and application. She can upload the documents and link to the scholarship information on the alumni association’s website (http://one.fsu.edu/page.aspx?pid=3755).
Lastly, since we cannot share email addresses with our clubs, and if the club would like the scholarship promoted to the students, give us a 30 day notice, and fill out an e-blast marketing request (http://one.fsu.edu/page.aspx?pid=3476). We will be more than happy to get the information out to the students.