Seminole Service Day allows alumni, students, staff, faculty, parents and friends to foster the desire to lead for the greater good in their communities. By bringing together diverse members of FSU’s community with a common goal of service, Seminole Service Day strengthens the bond with each other and the University, and increases FSU’s visibility around the world.
Below are some tips to keep in mind for Seminole Service Day.
Before Service Day:
- Use the official hashtag for Seminole Service Day #SeminoleServiceDay.
- Help promote Seminole Service Day by posting on Facebook and Twitter starting TODAY!
- Use the hashtag before, during and after the event to spread the word about good work being done by Seminoles in your community.
- If you have not yet completed a press release, please do so now to let local news and radio outlets know about Seminole Service Day in your community. View a sample press release now.
During Seminole Service Day:
- Take lots of pictures! Make sure to not only get a group photo but also action shots of volunteers working on the clubs project.
- If possible, assign one person to take photos, post on social media, and email FSUAA staff (email@example.com)
- On social media, tag the organization you are partnering with and continue to use #SeminoleServiceDay.
After Seminole Service Day:
- Be sure to follow-up after your event by sharing your success with the FSU Alumni Association. Your Seminole Club or Chapter may even make its way into the FSU Alumni Association’s VIRES® Magazine!
- Post pictures, thank all sponsors, participants and the charity that hosted your club.
- Make sure to send the FSU Alumni Association a final report, by March 31.
Make your presence known by working hard, wearing your garnet and gold, taking pictures and having fun!